Georgia Reeves
Georgia Reeves

Obituary of Georgia K. Reeves

Born 5/23/1946 in Wadena, MN and passed away 3/14/2007 in Tacoma, WA. Please click on the link below to watch video tribute: Georgia is survived by her son, Jesse Reeves; 2 brothers Dan (Bonnie) Pfau, Rick Pfau and 4 nephews. Preceded in death by her Beloved husband Jack Reeves in 1986 and her brother Chuck Pfau in 2004. Georgia’s family would like to express their deepest gratitude to her beloved cousin, Eva Anderson for all her love and support. Memorial Service to be held 11:00 AM Friday, 3/23/2007 at Lakeview Congregational Chapel, 4606 108th St. SW, Lakewood, WA. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Franciscan Hospice, 2901 Bridgeport Way W., U.P, WA. Arrangements by Edwards Memorial Center 253-566-1008. Georgia's Biography: Georgia Katherine Pfau was born on May 23, 1946 in Wadena, Minnesota. She was the oldest of 4 children born to John Carl Pfau (4/23/1911 - 6/_/1977) and Josephine Schumacher Pfau (9/14/1908 - 9/12/2005). Her brothers were (Dennis) “Dan” Pfau (1 9/19/1947); Charles “Chuck” David Pfau (1/17/1949 - 5/13/2003), and Richard “Rick” Thomas Pfau (BD 5/10/1950). Being the only daughter, she was her daddy’s favorite child. In August, 1951, when Georgia was 5 years old the family moved to Tacoma, Washington. Her father worked as a carpenter at the Martinec Shipyard and then he worked on the construction of Bonneville Dam. In 1959, after her father had a heart attack, they purchased the “Little Ritz Restaurant” on Pacific Avenue in Tacoma when Georgia was in the 7th grade. The boys and Georgia worked at the restaurant when they were younger and in HS. Georgia worked with her mother when she was in HS. Often she did her studies at the end of the counter when the restaurant was quiet. On the weekend, the family went to church and her mother baked many pies for the coming week at the restaurant. The family attended St. Ann’s RC Church where Georgia received her first communion. Georgia and her brothers attended St. Ann’s Elementary school and Mt Tahoma HS. During her teen years, Georgia and her friends enjoyed sock hop dancing. She pressed her brothers to dance with her friends. When she was 12, she began having seizures and was diagnosed that she had epilepsy with grand mal seizures. Her condition worsened and no medications could be found to control the seizures. During her last two years of HS, she had a tutor and Georgia graduated with her class at Mt. Tahoma HS in 1964. She worked as a receptionist for a short time at the Dictaphone Company in Tacoma. She returned to work at the Restaurant and assisted her mother in the morning when the restaurant was opened. She made many friends among the regular customers at the restaurant. While her brothers were in HS, she became acquainted with many of their friends from school and St. Ann’s Church. Chuck and Rick were close friends with the Reeves boys. Chuck’s friend “Jack” began dating Georgia a few years later. Georgia and John Michael “Jack” Reeves (8/27/1949 – 6/18/1986) were married in St. Ann’s Church on August 25, 1974 and they made their home in Tacoma. Jack was 19 when he began working at Streich Brothers Machine shop as a sweeper boy. He learned to weld and operate the shop machines. He worked his way up to be a foreman and finally the head foreman. He had a passion for fishing. Their son Jesse Matthew Reeves was born on August 31, 1976 in Tacoma. When Jesse was in kindergarten, he would go to his Gramma Jo’s house where he would meet his mother who was there everyday. Jesse was baptized at St. Ann’s Church and also attended St. Ann’s elementary school through 6th grade when the school closed. Being married to Jack and having a son were the happiest days of her life. Georgia enjoyed music and dancing. The record player was going all the time. Jesse remembers her dancing from the kitchen to the living room, and singing the words of the song. She enjoyed all kinds of music from western to Elvis, the Beatles and Beach Boys, and Jerry Vale. The family enjoyed many camping and fishing trips. They purchased property on the Wynoochee River in Grays Harbor County with the dream of building a cabin. They also enjoyed going to the family beach cabin in Gig Harbor. They did a lot of fishing on Puget Sound near Point Defiance. They enjoyed many annual trips to Reno and the Snake River while Jesse stayed with his grandmother. Georgia was close to her mother who lived near her home. Every day Georgia would visit her mother until it was time for Jesse to come from school. Georgia and Jack, and Jesse, enjoyed many family gatherings. At Christmas, they made the rounds to the Pfau and Reeves family celebrations. Georgia had many artistic abilities. She read many fashion magazines and created her own fashion designs. She loved to dress up with beautiful dresses and shoes. She was flamboyant in her colorful floral styles. She enjoyed painting and other artistic projects. She was ambidextrous; she wrote with her right hand and ate with her left hand. She had beautiful handwriting in many of the notes she sent to friends and family. In 1986, Jack had a massive heart attack on his way home from work and died suddenly at the age of 36. They had been married only 12 years. He was the love of her life. This was a crushing blow to Georgia and their son Jesse. Their families surrounded her with their love, compassion, and support. Her cousin Eva Anderson, moved back to Tacoma and she and Georgia were as close as two sisters can be. They did many shopping excursions together. Georgia’s condition seemed to worsen and in 1993 she went to live at the Terrace Nursing Home where she received special care. Her brother Chuck worked in the maintenance and painting department and was able to visit her almost every day. After a few troubling years Jesse went on to graduate from Franklin-Pierce high school and since has built a career with the department of fish and wildlife. During her long stay at Tacoma Rehab Center, she was strong-willed and never complained about her situation in life. She enjoyed the many times when Jesse came to be with her. There were outings that her cousin Eva made with her. They drove to Pt. Defiance and watched the ferry boats go back and forth. They drove 5-mile drive, and ended at the DQ for ice cream. She enjoyed the smallest things that brought joy into her eyes. During the last few years, she was not able to speak because of the neurological damage caused by the seizures but her eyes spoke for her. During the past several months, hospice care kept her comfortable and prepared the family for her passing away. A few days ago, the priest from Holy Rosary administered the last rites and blessed her in her passing.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Georgia Reeves, please visit Tribute Store
A Memorial Tree was planted for Georgia
We are deeply sorry for your loss ~ the staff at Edwards Memorial | University Place
Share Your Memory of